Wednesday, October 8, 2008

First, I am posting two photos of my son Camronn's artwork from school. I promised that he would be a posted artist and so I am posting here or him. Way to go Camronn!!!!! I am proud of you son!!

Now, to continue, I have good news and bad news. The good (actually great) news is that I am going to be seeing my family very soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can hardly contain myself!!!!

A bit of bad news came into the picture of my life today, actually it is minor but, it is inconvenient and I want to share it so that you can also avoid becoming a victim. I was informed by my credit card company today that there were charges on my card that raised red flags to them and so they put a hold on my card. about a week ago, I noticed a pending charge of $1.00 on my credit card from a company called APL*ITUNES and it raised a red flag to me because I have never dealt with Apple or itunes and I emailed my CC company about it. they responded that it was standard procedure for some companies to post a $1.00 charge to my account to verify that the account was active before allowing a purchase. I responded back and told them that I have never made a purchase through this company nor had I made any purchases anywhere in the last two weeks. They told me that if the transaction is paid, then I can dispute it but there is nothing I can do while it is pending. Well, I am a firm believer in prevention vs. cure so this did not sit well with me but, what can you do.

Two days later, there is another $1.00 pending charge on my account and this time, I raised the roof with my CC company which apparently caused them to place a monitor on my card. Today, they call me and want to confirm whether I authorized three separate charges to my card and all apparently from the same company. one was for $286, one for $787, and the third was for $1501 and of course I told them that I had done no such thing! They told me that they had denied all three charges and placed the $2.00 back on my account but, felt I should close the account and they would issue me a new card which will take about 10 days to get. I didn't actually lose any money but, I am sure getting tired of this happening. One interesting side note here. I had this sort of thing happen to me a couple years ago and after getting my new card my CC company talked me into purchasing an Identity Protection Plan for $10.00 per month and for two plus years nothing happens to me in the CC area. After discussing with the Identity folks and learning that they don't do anything more than what I already do, I cancelled the plan. I did that one month ago and this happens. It reminds me of the days when the Mob used to go to a store owner and make them pay for protection. If you didn't pay them, they would break up your store and run off your business. You were required to pay the Mob to protect you from the Mob and that is what I believe is happening here. Okay, so I am long winded but, after googling the company APL*ITUNES, I found that they are stealing thousands of dollars all over the nation from credit and debit cards so, watch your wallet people and check your accounts regularly.

I will close my rambling with one last word (or a few words) from the greatest man I know. "In as much as ye have done it unto the least of one of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."

Honey, I will see you soon and it is okay about the flattering picture you posted of me that Shawn has now posted on his blog as well. Thanks bro.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey bro. Sorry, I couldn't resist the temptation of that wonderful picture. This is why we can not let our wives or family members have a camera at our weak moments of craziness. If you want, I can take it off. Hee hee hee.