Sunday, October 5, 2008

Motivational thoughts from Dad

You know, there are times in our lives when we start to relize that we are no longer the spring chicken we used to be. For me, I think it is starting to sink in that I am no longer "10 feet tall and bulletproof". I am now about 9 feet tall and Bullet Resistant. I had a very good, although short, conversation with my 19 year old daughter today and it sank in as I was talking to her that she truly was my daughter. She sits almost exactly where I sat when I was her age. Still living at home and not really holding a good steady job. I only hope and pray that the words I gave to her will stick with her as I tried to advise her to make the decision as to which path she will take and just follow it. Too many times we find ourselves at a crossroad in life and we stop and try to see into the future to help us decide which way to go. Suddenly, as we stand there trying so hard to decide on a path, we realize that the forks have changed and the choices are no longer there because we stood there too long. I hope that whoever reads this will take a little something from this father's advice and the next time you come to that fork in the road, stop for a moment, then move out on the chosen path and try to enjoy the journey. Remember that if the road gets hard, He will carry us over the rough spots if we ask Him to. If you don't know who I refer to when I say Him, then you and I need to talk my friend.

I will close with one of my favorite sayings told to me by a freind many years ago.

"Don't sweat the small stuff and guess what... It's all small stuff."

Lastly, a few pictures to motivate and inspire that I look at on a daily basis.


No comments: